To guarantee a good wash we have the possibility of doing it both by hand and by machine. In both cases we will use cold and / or warm water:
· Hand wash: Cold or warm water should always be used. First of all, if you have a localized stain on your handkerchief, such as a lipstick stain, don’t worry. To remove it, just apply a few drops of soap to the area and rub it with your fingertips in circles so as not to deform the silk fibers. The rest of the handkerchief, which will be submerged in the bucket with warm water, you just have to wash it with the rest of the soap to re-appreciate the initial soft touch that the silk handkerchief has. Of course, do not let it soak. This is very important.
· Machine wash: If our washing machine has the wool program, we will use this one, since it is undoubtedly the most efficient. It is essential to add a little fabric softener so that the silk scarf is soft and feels the same as it did before washing. Nor can we make an excessive use of it since we could damage the silk scarf to the point of breaking it.
After washing it, we will go to drying. It can be done in two ways, either we put it in the dryer or let it air dry.
· Dryer: If you use this drying method, we recommend the cold air program. Keep in mind that the tissue will be dry in about 5-10 minutes.
· In the air: To air dry the silk scarf or scarf, we recommend hanging it from the bath or shower bar; half for each side for about 5-10 minutes. To take into account a couple of things, never hang the handkerchief with tweezers, because the fibers would deform irreversibly; do not hang it outside to dry in the sun, as it can burn all kinds of color.
· Ironing: There is no need to fear when ironing your handkerchief. It is important to do it at maximum temperature and with steam. In the event that any wrinkles persist, you will have to moisten the handkerchief with a spray bottle.
We hope these tips will help you keep your Vanguerati silk scarf as good as it was on the first day.